Sunday, July 6, 2008

5th of July Celebrations!






We had a great 4th of July, and our fun continued on the 5th when Bridger and 
Bailey ran in the Sawtelle Stampede 1k fun run.  Bridger got 3rd place, Bailey got 5th!  I ran in my first half marathon.  It is a goal I have had for about a year now, so I get to check it off my list of things to do!  Randy and the kids were waiting at the half way point to cheer me on and see if I was still alive!  They are so great and supportive.  Randy had spent many many hours watching the kids while I have been out running getting ready for this, and comes to pick me up when I need a ride home after my runs!  After the races we went to Island Park Reservoir to cool off and have a picnic!  What a great weekend!

4 comments:

The Jackson Three said...

sounds like a great weekend. Congrats again on the race - you are my hero!

cortney and neil said...

good for you! I have always wanted to do that but have never gotten from the couch to running:)

The Marsden 6 said...

Way to go!!! You're awesome!

Kim said...

Lindsay...you really are amazing! I want to be just like you when I grow up. Congrats to Bridge man and Bailey button!! We are so proud of you guys!
Love you,
kim